Reciprocal Hallowing

Lev 22:31-33
31 Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the LORD.
32 Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the LORD which hallow you,
33 That brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD.
(KJV)

In the end, if we hallow Him, He will hallow us. If we sanctify Him, He will sanctify us. If we make Him holy in our eyes, He will cleanse our eyes to see His holiness, and from that sight, we will be conformed to His image. (2 Cor. 3:18)

And thus the converse is true also. This is what cost the young Egyptian his life. He had put the whole nation of Israel at risk of a vile verbal disease that could have spread like a gangrene. And doubtless, the Eternal One could see what his future would have been if he had been permitted to live the life his tongue had chosen for him.

But this is not for today. “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures”; (1 Cor 15:3, KJV) “he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (Isa 53:5, KJV) This is the Age of Grace.

But one of the disgusting things I’ve noticed of late is that it is no longer true that one can tell what religion a man has from hearing him swear. Daily, as I’ve seen the modern age progress, I’ve begun to see even non-Christians take the holy name of Jesus in vain. Yes, they have learned that from so-called Christians. But it shows that men today fear not to do what they should fear doing.

blog search directory Listed in LS Blogs